Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quick "baked" pear

On days when I have ballet in the evening, my eating schedule is, by necessity, a bit odd. I try to have something that's not too heavy just over two hours before class. And then I try not to snack anymore (which is really hard for me).

By the time I get home, it's 8:30ish, so a full dinner seems like too much. And after working out like that, it seems ridiculous to indulge in anything too extreme.

Tonight, I grabbed a few corn chips to satisfy the carb-desire, but I wanted something sweet and healthy. A baked pear sounded wonderful, but I didn't want to heat up the oven and then wait 30 minutes for a single piece of fruit.

So I used the microwave.

Ingredients:
  • One pear (I quartered it, cored the quarters, and then halved each of those)
  • Cinnamon (optional)
  1. Put pear, cut into eight pieces, in microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle on cinnamon, if desired.
  2. Microwave for about a minute, then move pieces around.
  3. Microwave another minute or so.
I did mine for a total of 2-1/2 minutes. It was soft and sweet and cinnamon-y, just what I had wanted.

(We'll ignore the fact that I also had a couple of Scooter's Valentine's Hershey's Kisses.)

No comments: